PRACTICES & POLICIES
1. In consideration for the Miracle League of ACTX providing the opportunity for your child to participate in Miracle League baseball, you do hereby release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Miracle League of ACTX , and each of the officers, directors, members, managers, employees, donors, volunteers, agents, successors, assigns, and representatives, from any and all claims for personal injury, death, property damage, or any claim or damage (including but not limited to attorney's fees or litigation expenses) resulting from your child's activities in connection with participation in Miracle League baseball or the participation of any family member or guest. You assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participation in Miracle League games and activities. You agree to be present at all games and activities so that you can manage your child's specific needs. You agree to be solely responsible for your child. Additionally, you understand it is your responsibility to review the policies of the Miracle League of ACTX as found below and adhere to these policies at all times.
2. You hereby grant Miracle League of ACTX, its affiliates, franchises, advertising, and promotional agencies, and their agents the irrevocable, unrestricted right to use, publish, display, and distribute materials bearing your name, voice, likeness or any other identifiable representation of yourself, your family members including my Miracle League player/child. These material appear in any form, style, color, or medium whatsoever (including but not limited to photographs, video tapes, film sound recordings, software, drawings, prints, broadcast, Internet, and electronic media). You agree that all material containing an identifiable likeness of your child, family, or guest may be used by the Miracle League of ACTX. If you do not agree to this section please contact us so that we may provide you with a document to sign indicating your disagreement with this section.
3. ML of ACTX has the right to require that a parent serve as the Buddy for any Player as we deem necessary for safety purposes.
4. All participants and guests of the ML of ACTX are to follow any posted park rules for any parks we use for games.
5. No tobacco or alcohol at any ML of ACTX games is permitted.
6. Parents are not to be inside of the dug out or on the field unless serving as a volunteer.
7. No refunds will be issued after the registration period is closed. This policy also applies to seasons with multiple rain outs.
8. Parents agree to bring complaints or grievances to their Player's coach first, then the League Director if the coach cannot resolve it, and finally, the Board President.
9. Parents who do not adhere to typical standards of "good sportsmanship" or who use foul language will be asked to leave.
10. The league is open to players aged 3-22 years old.
11. A limited number of scholarships are available on a financial need basis.
12. The success of our organization depends upon volunteers. We schedule our volunteers based on expected player attendance at each game. When player attendance is significantly reduced with little to no notice, it creates a scenario where volunteers are not needed. Volunteers who give up their time and end up not being needed often do not return. We cannot lose our volunteer base. Therefore, effective beginning Spring 2017 season, any player missing 3 or more games are required to provide their own buddy (parent, family member, family friend, etc...) for the remaining games for that season. Player call offs in advance of 48 hours will not count towards the absence count. Call offs should be made via text or phone call to Jessie Gordon at 419-392-5099.